Friday, August 20, 2004

Why, exactly?

I guess I should give a little explanation why I'm creating another blog. Basically, this is the best-designed one I've ever seen and I've been wanting to make a better blog for a while. There's just one problem:

*pause for dramatic effect*

My life is incredibly boring.

Not that I hate my life or anything. I love being me. It's just nothing that I imagine would be particularly exciting or entertaining to other people ever happens to me. I work. I come home. Feed the baby and play with her. Not much social interaction with other people though. I left NY, so my friends are far away. I have another friend who moved to CO. One in Boston, etc. All my friends from college seem to have faded away too. I've looked for "support" groups in Yahoo! Groups, but I don't feel like basing a friendship on Homestar Runner or 2 Stupid Dogs. I want a real friend who understands kids. I feel like I've grown up faster than everyone else, which I know isn't true, and I know when my friends start getting married and having kids it'll seem like I have a lot of experience. But right now, Renee and I are in the phase where we're the only ones who are married with children.

It feels like everything is finally falling into place. I've got a new job (I start on the 30th) and I'm amazed that I got it. But I think I came to Virginia for it. God can take complete credit for this because I totally did not see it coming. I'll be working nights for 12 hours at a time, two and three nights a week (alternating). It's a 60% pay increase from my previous job. Seriously, this is the reason why I came to Virginia, and it's also why I was having such a hard time finding a good job. God wanted me to wait for this one.

Anyway, I'm neglecting the baby again, so I gotta go.

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 23, 2004 10:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean! This is chrissy..the one who accidently found yrou wife on Yahoo! lol. I know all too well what you mean about other people not understanding, and feeling like you've grown up before everyone else. No, i'm not married, but i might as well be...I've been with pat for almost 4 1/2years, and I have 2 kids so I definitely get that part of it. Yeah i know i'm far away (one that you left behind in NY), and you probably dont know it yet, but I'm a really good listener. If ya need to talk, or vent, or just have a little human contact, you know my number, my Yahoo! screen name is ogisprincess, and my AIM screen name is Risso01. Feel free! I know i could use a friend who understands too...a friend at all is a step in the right direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home