Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Tomorrow People

Does anyone else remember this show?

Or more specifically, the theme song. I guess it's a remake of a show from the 1970's, but it was on Nickelodeon in the 1990's and I loved the theme back then. It doesn't sound the greatest anymore, but it still brings back happy memories.

And the people could teleport!

Nickelodeon, by way of this show and The Secret World of Alex Mack (and Capri Sun commercials), are responsible for my desire to teleport and/or turn myself into a puddle of molten metal ("Why can't *I* have innate superpowers or be the hapless victim of a strange industrial accident that makes me cooler than everyone else [but I can't tell anyone else or I'll be the hapless victim of a secret government investigation/extermination... or be famous]?").

I constantly asked myself that very question many times in the '90's. I still do, but I'm coming to terms with the idea that maybe, just maybe I might be human like everyone else. But teleporting would save so much commute time. And turning into a shiny blob of liquid would come in so handy when I forget my keys and lock myself out of the house. Teleporting would work too, but the liquid metal thing looks cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home