Saturday, September 10, 2005

Steve Jobs is my role model. One of them, anyway.

I just found this on Digg. It's a copy of the commencement address that Steve Jobs gave to Stanford's 2005 graduating class.

I'd heard about this a while ago, but all that stuck with me was that he'd told them that dropping out of college was the best thing he'd ever done.

There's a lot more to it than that and it's a very good short read.

Update: I just found this audio clip of the speech on Digg. Quick plug for Digg: It's awesome and I'll put a link to the stories I've dugg at the top of my blog at some point. Basically, Digg is a combination between Slashdot and del.icio.us, in that it's a social bookmarking site, but all of the content focuses around tech news (usually). A user submits a story and other users "digg" it (i.e. give it a vote) and when a story gets more diggs than the other stories, it gets promoted to the front page.

Alex Albrecht and Kevin Rose also do a podcast/vidcast of them talking about all of the top stories from Digg from throughout the week. It's called Diggnation and they drink a lot of alcohol on it. I think the alcohol thing is unnecessary, but I still watch it (when I get time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home