Wednesday, June 15, 2005

#!/usr/bin/perl

Gaaaah. I'm so frustrated.

I try so hard to be a geek, but my interests are just so numerous that it hinders my ability to learn any one thing extraordinarily (or even moderately) well.

I'm trying to learn Perl. I know I'm very behind in updating Renaissance's web site. I want to take apart our old vacuum cleaner and see what makes it work -- and maybe use the motor for... something. I'm learning all sorts of weird features in Microsoft Office in college.

I just don't have any ideas. Or time/skills to implement my ideas. Do you know how annoying it is to hear that companies are trying to implement your ideas, when you came up with them first? Renee and I came up with a system a while ago to allow cars to beam data to each other, and now there's IEEE 802.11p. Done. Crap.

I get good ideas for programs that I should write, but I've basically forgotten all the Java I learned in college. Perl is easier than Java, though, so I'm trying to get my brain back into programming. And I forget my ideas because I'm an idiot and don't write anything down. I need a mission.

I feel like I can change the world. I feel like I have so much potential, but I'm just... stuck. I'm sick of waiting. I want to change the world now. I'm 22 and I feel like my chance to introduce something new is slipping away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home