Sunday, July 31, 2005

I just had a weird (kind of nasty) dream...

So I get back to my hometown and I'm at my high school. I'm not sure why, though. I walk in (it's kind of snowy, but flooding... I think the snow is melting), and this freaky lady is like, "Please go to the immunization table," and I was like, "Okay, I will later." I knew I wasn't a regular student and I didn't need any stupid immunization.

So I walk to the auditorium and there was some sort of assembly for people like me, but I don't remember any of that.

Then I went to the band room and saw my old band teacher. There was a little presentation on the band program and all of my old bandmates were there, along with the principal. I think I signed up for band. We were all standing around talking when my cell phone rang. I pulled it out and looked at it and it was one of Renee's friends. So I muted it and put it back into my pocket. Then I looked at everyone and they were all staring at me. My band teacher said, "Sean's been found out!" and my friend, Becky, said, "I can't believe you," and walked off after glaring at me. I said, "It's just a phone," and looked around and no one's expressions had changed. "I really don't understand this. It's just a phone." Still nothing. Then the bell rang.

I then realized that I was actually attending classes, but I had no idea what my schedule was. So I went to the office to get mine. Right outside the office, I saw a woman who writes for the local newspaper. She yelled hi to me and stopped me (even though I also remember being in the office for a while... maybe I got frustrated with the wait and saw her outside). Apparently I was there because they needed help with the summer day camp program and I'd been hired. And I had no choice.

So she was giving me details and I was following her outside asking more questions (she was walking pretty fast, but I needed to know what was going on). Before we got out of the building, the immunization lady yelled at me, "PLEASE STOP AT THE IMMUNIZATION TABLE!" and I was like, "I will later!" and kept following the newspaper lady. We got to the parking lot and it was flooding pretty badly, so I held her hand as she leapt over some pretty fast moving water to get to her car.

So then I figured since I'll be working here, I'll need my immunizations. I went back inside and walked to the immunization table in the cafeteria. One of the ladies who always helped in the nurse's office was issuing the immunizations, and she asked me if I wanted anything to numb it. I thought for a second and said no. Then she thought for a second and said some numbers and said ok. She took the needle and inserted it into my upper arm and injected it, and then I noticed another helper -- who was the same lady. She had a pen and wanted to write on my arm where the injection had gone in, and the other lady was like, "Hold on! I still need to do his hand."

I never saw her grab another needle, but this syringe was full, too. She stuck it in my hand, then pushed it with all her might. The needle went in all the way. I could see the other helper look a little worried and I bent my fingers and got pricked. I turned my hand over and the needle had gone all the way through my hand and it was dripping. Some of the fluid had gotten on the floor. The worried helper asked, "What do we do now?" and the injector lady said, "We let it bleed," in a really condescending tone. She grabbed two cotton balls for me to hold on either side of my hand.

And then I woke up.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beyond freaky. Eek.

 
At Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Lint Monkey said...

Yeah, and then the next day, I dreamed that I was in college and Faline was yelling my name. Then all of a sudden a bunch of other people from high school were in my class. They were like, "Wow, what are you doing here? I thought you were getting out of here," and I was just generally confused. I think I was in NY.

I don't know why I'm dreaming about high school/high school people so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home