Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Sorry for the rant...

Where to begin?

Yesterday, Renaissance said "That's good, huh!" and she's been saying it ever since, whenever she thinks something is "nummy." We got some video of it and will probably post it on her blog at some point within the next week. As always, no guarantees.

I worked my first sixteen hour shift on Sunday night. It's weird, but it was actually easier than a four hour shift. The next day kind of sucked though -- just trying to get back into the swing of things.

I've been watching Systm, The Broken, and Diggnation. Watching Kevin Rose now is so weird. I miss him on Attack of the Show (but really that's a lie -- I miss him on The Screensavers because Attack of the Show sucks). I still watch Attack of the Show, mind you, but I remember watching The Screensavers a long, long time ago and I was so enthralled to see a show that talked about tech stuff. I don't know if Kevin Rose was on it back then, but he was the last geek holdout on Attack of the Show and once he left, it's all about eBay, stupid web sites (who really gives a crap about a cell phone in a condom, really?), girly girls pretending to play games on a LAN, and stupid bands like Emaneht and Emanon (it takes a lot of creativity to come up with "The Name" or "No Name" spelled backwards... idiots). Occasionally, though, there will be something on there that I haven't heard, or an interesting band that I won't ever listen to again, so I still watch it. It's better than a lot of other television programs...

Anyway, so I'm still mad at Henrico County, but now I'm all about getting an iBook or PowerBook (12"), so if anyone is feeling gratuitous, hey, I'm over here. They made me think about all the stuff I could use a sub-notebook for and now I feel cheated. My issue is not that they're only offering them to Henrico taxpayers, it's that they originally offered them to "the public", and then changed their minds once everyone had time off/flights booked/hopes up, etc. Jerks.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaaaaaat! Attack of the show is great! I watch it all the time. :) And Kevin Rose isnt on AoTS anymore. Hasnt been for like 2 months or something. And AoTS is great. Screensavers was great too... but AoTS is great as well.

 
At Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:17:00 AM, Blogger Lint Monkey said...

Please read carefully, and I quote:

"Watching Kevin Rose now is so weird. I miss him on Attack of the Show..."

You're exactly the demographic that AoTS is shooting for, and I'm glad you found such a "great" show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home