Saturday, September 10, 2005

First Impression of iTunes 5

Butt ugly.

I like brushed metal, but I can get used to the smoother look.

I hate the square thingie:


But I do like how you can see how much of a track you've listened to, and how much remains, in one glance.

I was curious to know what color the icon would be, what with the iTunes phone being released and having a green iTunes button. It's green. Makes no sense.

Recap:
iTunes 1 = Pink
iTunes 2 = Blue (my favorite)
iTunes 3 = Purple
iTunes 4 = Green
iTunes 5 = ...Green?

Are they running out of colors?

I don't like how my podcasts are now grouped in with my music in the Library. I do like how, if they are going to group the vidcasts in with everything else in the Library, they at least have a differentiated icon:


The podcasts should have that, too.

I like the slight blue tint that the playlist menu has.

After writing this, the look has grown on me a bit (I've gotten used to it), but I do miss the look of the old iTunes. And I do still think it needs a different color for its icon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home