Friday, September 24, 2004

A quick lesson in something called tact...

...and making comments only after making extended observations.

I'm a little worked up tonight. There's a guy I work with who feels it's his duty to coach me. I disagree. He feels that I don't multitask because he was watching me at one time when I wasn't - because the tool was acting funny and I felt I should babysit it.

And the "tips" he gave me were wrong anyway - what I was doing was actually the most efficient use of my time while reducing the likelihood of human error.

He didn't see me when my trainer was on vacation and I had to handle multiple tools at once all night. And yet, multitasking is supposed to be some brand new concept to me. I got certified in eleven days, and that was only because tools were going down and everything's been hectic the last two days (so it would've been nine). And the guy who certified me told my trainer that out of all his years of certifying, I was the only one who got every question right and knew what can be run in what tools without having to look anything up.

I'm sorry for this rant. I guess it can all be summed up by this: I'm not stupid and I hate when negativity consumes people.

Good morning.

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 24, 2004 2:11:00 PM, Blogger Eddo said...

Wow- I read this and thought- "hmmm.. for a rant this was actually rather nice..."

Anyway, when I need to get it out then I do and sometimes it ain't pretty- but isn't it nice that you can blog about it and it just makes you feel better? I really like it when I need to confront a whole lot of friends at once- I just rant, and then I tell them they need to read my website.

 
At Saturday, September 25, 2004 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Lint Monkey said...

Yeah, that's the whole "tact" thing I was going for. Although I guess part of the tact thing might be telling it to the guy's face, but whatever. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home