Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm so glad...

...we moved out of Henrico. I don't want my daughter going into a school system that's administered by individuals that are incapable of common sense and lacking a proper sense of reality.

Here's how the iBook sale should have taken place. First of all, look at what you're selling. Computers. The fact that these are Apple computers really is of no consequence. I've spoken with numerous people about this in the last few weeks and no one I'd talked to had ever used MacOS X or even knew what a modern Apple computer is (the last one they'd used being an Apple II or something else from around that era). It's a $50 computer and the news here had been hyping it since it was first announced.

So, we pick a date and time and decide what we're going to do, and then we follow through.

Then, when a ton of people show up, take two or three cops with you and hand out paper slips with numbers 1 through 1000 to the first 1000 people. If anyone gets crazy, arrest them. Allow the first 1000 people through the gate. If anyone beats anyone else with a freakin' chair arrest them. It's called crowd control.

And as a sidenote, people should not bring their kids to places where they know things are going to get crazy. From what I understand, the smashed stroller had a baby in it at the time, but the father was lucky enough to get the kid out of it before it was trampled.

Excerpts from CNN.com:

...one woman standing in front of her was so desperate to retain her place in line that she urinated on herself.



"It's rather strange that we would have such a tremendous response for the purchase of a laptop computer -- and laptop computers that probably have less-than- desirable attributes," said Paul Proto, director of general services for Henrico County.



Jesse Sandler said he was one of the people pushing forward, using a folding chair he had brought with him to beat back people who tried to cut in front of him.

"I took my chair here and I threw it over my shoulder and I went, 'Bam,"' the 20-year-old said nonchalantly, his eyes glued to the screen of his new iBook, as he tapped away on the keyboard at a testing station.

"They were getting in front of me and I was there a lot earlier than them, so I thought that it was just," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home