Sunday, October 24, 2004

Temporary Hiatus

I'm writing this because I don't know when I'll next be able to post. A lot has happened in the last few days and the next few months are going to be busy as well.

Renee and I moved the majority of our stuff today. All that's left is some little stuff and all of our furniture, etc. We are in love with our new place. Renee complained that the carpet looked a little nasty in the bedroom and all of a sudden, they're replacing the carpet in the entire apartment. That kind of threw a monkey wrench in our moving plans but we're working around it and we should have a newly recarpeted place by Tuesday at the latest (or earliest... I'm hoping for as soon as possible).

The other main issue we've been having lately is Renee's lost wallet. Which was found today (which is now yesterday), by my mom... in New York. State. This takes a lot of stress away, especially since today was the day I was going to cancel all of our credit cards. We called a gas station in Pennsylvania to find the thing for goodness sake. We were desperate, but I procrastinate and nothing had been added to our balances, so I still had my doubts that it'd been stolen/found by a criminal.

So anyway, Renee and I finally have a home (and not just an apartment, although it's that too), but we're not sure how our finances are going to work out yet. So at this point, we've decided to cancel our cable/Internet service at our current (old) place and not sign up yet for anything at the new place. It may be up to two months before we get it again (we want to be able to save as much money as possible for Christmas presents and stuff). But there's a library right down the road and it may have web access. We're not sure yet.

So the next few months will be filled with decorating and making the place even more home-like. Things may suck a little at times, but overall things seem to be going pretty well right now. I've got a job that doesn't make us filthy rich (contrary to what I thought before I got it), but we are breaking even for the first time since Renaissance was born. I've got a wonderful wife and a cute (sometimes excusably temperamental) daughter. Things just finally seem to be shaping up. The only void I'm feeling is we haven't really committed to a church in Virginia yet. But we're working on that as well. I guess the only thing I can say is we've been through a lot of tests in the last few years, and I'm sure more are coming, but I'm glad things are headed in this direction.

Well anyway, Renee's already gone to bed and tomorrow will be another busy day. So... good night. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home