Saturday, May 07, 2005

Another Software Plug, etc.

I used to use Adium when I was in college as my chat client of choice. However, I eventually got sick of it and started using iChat. I just downloaded the newest version of Adium and there are a lot of improvements.

Most noticeably, it's incredibly small. My entire buddy list now only takes up about half of the vertical space on my screen (as opposed to iChat, which requires scrolling).

And in other news, Renee and I were just cleaning out Renaissance's closet. That kid has a lot of clothes.

Today is supposed to be a cleaning day (like every other weekend). Hopefully, we'll get something done. Last night we cleaned a bit and it made the place look a lot better. Basically just putting Renaissance's toys away.

*a few hours later*

Woops, I forgot to post this. Anyway, we went and got Renee a pretty bracelet for Mothers' Day. It's all metal links (like those fancy watches) and they come apart so you can put decorated links in there. She's got one with a blue and pink heart (for us), one that has Renaissance's birthstone (for Renaissance), and one that's a little carriage (for Sprout). We were also going to buy season three of Gilmore Girls, but it was a little too expensive. We decided to rent it, but the rental place doesn't have it. So we rented Spanglish instead.

Renee was also interested in Closer, but the quote on the back says that it "vibrates with eroticism," so we decided to read some reviews on it first.

We're going to try having Renaissance sleep with a blanket and pillow tonight. We figure it'll be easier to switch her to a bed if she's already used to those things. Also, maybe it'll keep her from waking up in the middle of the night. I think her bedroom gets a little colder than the rest of the house, even with the heat on. We got her a nice Tinkerbell blanket and pillowcase. She likes it a lot.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using Adium for a couple of years now and really like it. It doesn't file transfer well, though the newest version (I've only had for a week or so) should have fixed that (I think my computer is just a little wonky, since it doesn't like doing file transfers through AIM, either.)

Happy mother's day to Renee. :)

 
At Monday, May 09, 2005 5:32:00 AM, Blogger Lint Monkey said...

Yeah, and it also doesn't handle voice/video chat, so I'll have to switch back to iChat to handle situations where those features will be useful, or I could just use Skype.

And Renee is sleeping right now, but I'll deliver the message. =)

PS - Your file sharing issue may be your router/firewall. If you use iChat, try opening ports 5060 (which handles voice chat), 5190 (which handles TCP (e.g. file sharing), and ports 16384-16403 (which handle video chat). I believe the file sharing port (5190) is also used for AIM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home